Heavy Vehicle Driver
View all open positions
Work Place Description
Performs work mostly inside semi-tractor. Requires trailer pick-up and drop outdoors.
- Safely operate heavy vehicles and perform required inspection of power units and trailers in accordance with DOT regulations and Company policies.
- Safely operate heavy vehicle.
- Perform inspection of power unit and trailer before and after each trip.
- Coordinate with dispatcher on duty to efficiently haul cargo.
- Immediately report any deficiencies or safety issues with equipment.
- GED or high school diploma.
- Requires a valid Class A CDL driver’s license.
- At least 3 years experience in similar position.
- Good driving record.
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of trailer brake systems.
- Knowledge of trailer electrical systems.
- Working knowledge of trailer tire repair procedure.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds unassisted.
The company had reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.